Nate and I have been non-stop these last few weeks. Our biggest adventure, as of recently, was our trip up to Massachusetts. Our first stop was Granby, MA (where Nate is from). We hung out with his parents and went to the Basketball Hall of Fame. It was pretty sweet. Actually, I think I'll tell you our journeys as you look at the pictures. It's more enjoyable that way.

Nate with his beloved Celtics display at the Basketball Hall of Fame. I had a picture of my with the Coach K and the Dukies, but I can't find it on my computer. Must be lost among the thousands of pictures on this hard-drive.

Nate and I on the biggest "mountain" around. I think the elevation was close to 1000 ft. It had a great view.

The town our Hadley ancestors started or lived. I should know more about this story. We did check in with Grandma Hadley and she verified our ancestors did come from this town. It is only about 15 miles from Nate's home.

This is an amazing burger joint. It is right accross the street from part of Harvard University campus in Cambridge (near Boston). My brother had an internship out in Boston (he just finished this last week) and we meet up with him to eat. My sister was out for a visit at the same time. So the crew was Nate, his family, my brother and sister, some friends, and me.

One by land...Two by sea. This is the Old North Church. During the Revolusionary Era, the patriots, across the Charles River, could keep watch for the number of lanterns in the church steeple: One lantern meant that the British were coming by land, two meant they were coming by sea. On the night of Paul Ravere's "ride" (Which, according to history, he really didn't make. Sorry if that crushes anyones love for Paul Ravere.) there was one lantern lit. This is the very steeple the lantern was hung in.

The capital building in Boston.

Nate and I at the Sox's game.

New York at 6am in quite peacful actually. We (Nate's mother, sister, her friend, my sister, Nate and me) drove back down to VA and decided to stop in New York for a few hours because I had never been there. We left at 3am so we would get there by 6am to miss the traffic. Because I hate triffic, the idea was great. We were in NY for a few hours. We got breakfast, saw a few sights by car and a few on foot, and went on a free farry to see...

Lady Liberty

Here is the whole crew (minus Nate's mother, she is taking the picture).
We had a blast in MA and can't wait for this next week. We will be going back to MA for the annual Demary family vacation at Cape Cod, MA. I can't believe how fast the summer has gone. Life in D.C. this summer has been a blast. We have loved every minute of it (except the thousands of minutes spent in traffic).
Looks like a blast! How was Boston? I've always wanted to go there, but haven't ventured out that way yet!
ReplyDeleteWOW! Seriously, you guys have been up and down the east coast! Way to go! Did Amanda have something going on back there too? She looks SO MUCH like your mom it is unreal!
ReplyDelete