Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Birthday + Family = Fun, cont...

My birthday is on June 9th and I was also lucky enough to have family around on my birthday as well. My sister came into town a whole week before my birthday. It was a surprise and I was so happy to see her!! She came in on a Monday and my brother, Richard and cousin, Elizabeth, came into town the following Friday. It was so great to have them all out here. We did lots of fun stuff. I'll just put pictures in and explain them all. Actually, looking at the pictures I took, I noticed I didn't take many of everyone. Oops.

Nate and I with the Abraham Lincoln memorial. It was really cool to see it at night, all lite up. This was my first time seeing the memorial in person, and I had been in D.C. for 5 weeks...shame shame.


Nate and I at the WWII monument at sunset. This was the coolest monument we saw. It was absolutely beautiful at night.

The family eating at Cheesecake Factory. It was my cousin Elizabeth's actual birthday and mine was in a few days so we went to eat a birthday celebration dinner. Oh, so the free birthday treat they give you is about a spoonful of ice cream and a cup of whipped cream...it was nice, but interesting. Thank you for celebrating my birthday with me. Thanks Liz for letting me celebrate my birthday with you on your special day.

My brother and me at the zoo. If you look closely...there is a cheeta laying in the grass. Can you find it?

On the day of my birthday, Nate took the day off of work (Well, actually, he just worked 4 10-hour days that week. Love you, babe, thanks!!) That morning we kayaked on the Potomac for a few hours. That afternoon, we went to Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian at the IMax theater in the Museum of Natural History Smithsonian. Love the movie. It is really really funny. That evening we went over to Ryan and Meghan's for dinner...it was very very good. We watched my favorite comedian, Bryan Regan. It was a perfect day! Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes and all that.

Well, I have many more pictures...but they are mainly of Nate and me. So, I will spare you because you will be seeing lots of us in the future.

3 comments:

  1. meech, look how skinny and fabulous you are! your husband is hot, good work. i love you. i miss you. what are those? mcvitties? i just had three.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy smokes, you're a good blogger! Way to go grub. You guys look like you're having a blast. I'm feeling pretty guilty right now because I totally forgot to tell you happy birthday. You know the saddest part is that I had been being so careful to remember for like a month before and then totally forgot. So sorry. But happy late birthday. You look amazing!! And so happy which is the most important part. Love you!! Talk to you later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogging world. Looks like you had a great bday. You even got to kayak the Potomic, we loved doing that. DC is such a fun place to spend the summer. Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks at the Cape.

    ReplyDelete