Who knew anything good could come of Professor
Kerl's Econ 110 class. Nathan and I met in the back of an auditorium full of 800 students in our class. We both started sitting by and studying with a mutual friend and soon got to know each other through the study sessions that lasted hours. I found him very attractive and knew I needed to get to know him soon before the other 15 thousand women on the
BYU campus found him. I started throwing, what I thought were obvious, hints that I was interested in him. After a few months of getting to know each other and studying Econ, Nathan asked me out. We had a great first date and the rest is history. We saw each other every day after our first date and started dating exclusively for a week after our first date. We dated for about a year (Nate was gone from mid-June to the end of August for a construction internship), and then got engaged September 2008. We were married November 25
th, 2008 in the
Manti Temple. It was a beautiful day and everyone in our families were able to be there. It was an amazing day.
We finished the semester and then went to Los
Cabos, Mexico for our honeymoon for a week. My wonderful aunt Teresa had a timeshare she let us use. It was amazing. We loved it!! Here are a few pictures.

On the pier in Los
Cabos, Mexico near the famous arch and Lover's Beach.


Nate and I with the famous arch. We were on a submarine boat type thing. The bottom of the boat went under the water about 10 feet and there were windows around the whole thing. When were were close to the coral, we went down to the bottom and looked at all the fish and seals underwater. It was really cool.

Another adventure we went on was an all day snorkeling tour. It was a lot of fun.

Nate in one of the 2 beautiful pools at our resort.

Nate and I on the beach. We were standing on private property, so we didn't have time to retake the picture to make it straight. I didn't want to break any laws in Mexico.

While everyone else was enjoying 2 for 1 Happy Hour...Nate and I were enjoying some intense games of Phase 10. (Yes, I know I have a shirt on on the beach in Mexico, but I have a hard time exposing my skin to the sun. You see, I tend to turn out more red than golden brown so I cover up after so long.)

Our resort had a fiesta and Nate and i got called up to do a dance with the performers.

All the food in the resort was really expensive. So we went to Sam's Club, I think, and bought chips, peanut butter, jelly, bread, and oranges. We lived off this food pretty much the whole week. We also had cereal, milk, and crackers. We went out to eat a few time, but not often. Here is a picture of the best meal I have ever had. So so good.


We had so much fun on our honeymoon and would love to go back someday. Anyway, I realized I didn't post any wedding pictures, but this post is already too long, so I'll save them for another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment