Our camping trip at Burke Lake, VA was tons of fun. Not only did I convince Nate we should take the air mattress to sleep on, but he also agreed to take food instead of live off the surrounding environment. Although Nate's ideal camping trip would be backpacking to a remote place in the mountains (where wild animals are abundant), sleep on the ground in a "backpacking sleeping bag" (I guess there is such a thing), and live off granola bars and whatever he could find; he was very accommodating to my wishes of going somewhere with other people around and taking the air mattress. Hahaha, I know, I'm a baby. Thanks love!! Here are pictures of our adventure.

Man making fire.

Delicious tinfoil dinners! Nate said they were the best he has had. I thought they were pretty good myself.

Can you really go camping without s'mores? I love s'mores!!

I think it was my fifth s'more or something ridiculous like that.

This is the contraption Nate put together to boil water for our oatmeal breakfast.

We had a marshmallow roasting contest, and Nate roasted this beautifully golden marshmallow. He won, hands down. I would show you mine, but it would embarrass me. Nate then decided to put peanut butter in it. It was very tasty. I recommend trying it sometime.

So as I'm packing up the sheets and blanks we used on the air mattress in the back of the car, Nate is supposed to be deflating the air mattress with our deflating pumb. I get back to the tent so pack up the other things and this is what I come back to. Nate's idea of deflating the air mattress. Hahaha, I laughed so hard. He is too funny.

After we packed up camp, we went for a 5 mile hike around the lake. I was called a hike, but it was more of a "nature walk" around the lake.
We had a lot of fun. I have filled my time for the day to work on this thing, so more of our adventures in D.C. will have to wait.
5 smores, that's why you're the grubber. I'm glad you're still living up to that name.
ReplyDeleteLooks like tons of fun. Can't beat foil dinner and smores. Sometimes I cheat and that's what we have for dinner at home cause I love them so much. Since you guys make such tasty foil dinners maybe we should sign you up to make them for us a the Cape : )The mattress story is hilarious. That is so Nate!
ReplyDelete